Information on how to apply for a German passportEnlarge image (© dpa/picture-alliance, Arno Burgi)
Please book an appointment for your application (see below)!
Please send your request for an appointment to the Embassy by mail and wait for our confirmation!
The following documents have to be presented for the application of a German passport:
- proof of German nationality (e.g. birth certificate, certificate of nationality, or certificate of naturalization)
- Abmeldebescheinigung (i.e. a certificate that you are not registered in Germany, if your last place of residence was in Germany)
- for married persons: proof of the family name either by declaration of the family name (Namenserklärung) or copy of the family book (Familienstammbuch) and marriage certificate
- for underage children: marriage certificate of the parents, name declaration (if applicable), passports of parents. Both parents or guardian and the child have to be present at the passport application. If one parent has the sole custody this has to be proved.
- passport fee: Euro 81.-- for persons older than 24 years, Euro 58.50 for persons younger than 24 years.
- -2- biometric photographs
- proof of residency in Cyprus (yellow/pink paper)
- PhD certificate if you wish to have your title entered in the passport