Information on how to apply for a German passport (e-passport)
(© dpa/picture-alliance, Arno Burgi)
The following documents have to be presented for the application of a German e-passport:
- proof of German nationality (e.g. birth certificate, certificate of nationality, or certificate of naturalization)
- Abmeldebescheinigung (i.e. a certificate that you are not registered in Germany, if your last place of residence was in Germany)
- for married persons: proof of the family name either by declaration of the family name (Namenserklärung) or copy of the family book (Familienstammbuch) and marriage certificate
- passport fee: Euro 80.-- for persons older than 24 years, Euro 58.50 for persons younger than 24 years.
- -2- biometric photographs
- proof of residency in Cyprus (yellow/pink paper)
Applications for children have to be signed by both custodians. The child has to be present at the application for its passport together with both parents.
Monday-Friday, 09.00 - 12.00 h